Well...I haven't done anything of huge interest to anyone! Sad. I've been tutoring to make some money to put in the savings account. I tutor kids going into 1st and 2nd grade in reading and math so they can be ahead for the next year. It makes me happier and happier everyday thinking that I will NOT be working with kids as young! 4th grade should be perfect.
Today I thought a lot about my classroom. I came to a realization that I do not have very much time! I'm the only brand new teacher on my team. I am coming to school with NOTHING. There are going to be 5 of us - 3 of which are returning to my school. One is coming from a different school district, but she's taught 4th grade for 10 years. They all have experience and all sorts of supplies with them. I'm definitely the rookie with absolutely NO idea of how I am going to set up and manage my room. After talking to my team leader today, (with I'm sure a lot of stress in my tone of voice) I've gotten some ideas. I think I'm ready to get started!
Tomorrow I am going to pursue my TV habit by watching So you think you can dance (go twitch and kherington!) and inviting friends to join me. I am super excited!
Besides the above...that is my summer! I wake up, tutor, work out, read, watch tv and sleep! Eventful huh? Well, now it's time for bed. I was trying to stay up to find out if the American League will win the All Star game. I'm secretly...or not so secretly... rooting for my new crush - Ian Kinsler. Unfortunately he's married. Oh well, a girl can dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment